View Single Post
Old
12-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
He has not been this team's best forward, let alone player this year, not by a long shot. Both Read and Couturier have been significantly better and both would be outscoring Giroux if their power play times were reversed.

Hartnell and Voracek have sucked, you won't hear any arguments there from me. However, Giroux has sucked just as much as they have. People here act like he's giving them tap ins and they're blowing it, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Yeah, they have no chemistry and I've wanted the lines changed for about 20 games now, but that still doesn't mean that Giroux hasn't been terrible.
I disagree. Couturier is playing with two players who compliment his play style. Read and Downie are both great at puck possession, both are good passers, and Read has a really good shot. Having good wingers is huge for a center. Now Giroux on the other hand either has to score all on his own or there's no goal. He doesn't have Read to set up, he doesn't have Downie to set him up, and he doesn't have either of them to posses the puck and take a bit of attention off of him.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote