Esa 10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Chris Nilan played at Northeastern
Jay Miller played at Univ. of New Hampshire
George Parros played at PRINCETON
Jim Cummins played at Michigan State
I could go on all day. There have been plenty of guys who are not only tough, but made their careers primarily as fighters who came through the college ranks. I do agree however, that I don't see Jessiman all the sudden turning into a tough guy.

As far as HJ being a lost cause...

Kevin Stevens didn't play full time in Pittsburgh until he was TWENTY SIX.
Shane Doan didn't break 20 goals until he was TWENTY FOUR.
Mike Knuble didn't play a full season until he was 26 and didn't break the 20 goal mark until he was THIRTY.

The Lessonower forwards need time to develop.

Jessiman is 22, going on 23. Have some freaking patience. If he's a lost cause, then why worry about him? The only thing he's costing the organization is a contract spot and some cash. What would you give up for Doan or Knuble? If you could just wait 2 or three years and have that type of player come up through your system, isn't it worth the wait? He's frustrating, but only if you let him be. Forget about him. Pretend he's a mushroom and put him away in a dark spot, and see what he turns into. He may just be a wasted pick, but at this point, we aren't getting the pick back so we may as well wait it out and see what we have.
That's very intersting to know about fighters. Not something that comes to mind considering how the college game is played. Although I haven't heard about Hugh going out of his way to get involved in that aspect of the game, maybe he can go in that direction.

As far as waiting on him to develop, that's about all we can do. There's no sense in cutting him loose at this point and his trade value can't be high. What's worrying is a lack of tangible progress at the lower level. But that's how things are. I agree with your take on what to do with him in the future. Even though I'm not expecting a turnaround, we've nothing to lose by keeping him in the system.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote