Thread: Player Discussion: Mark Streit
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2013, 09:26 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Eh just like on these boards people seem to ignore facts when they are presented for their own biased opinions. Mez has played like he is an AHL defender. Advanced atats and just watching him play has proved this. That is a fact. Gustafsson might be a 5-6, but I think he is one of our better 5-6s. Come on man, you cant tell me you cant see how the organization favors veterans no matter how they play. If your young and make a mistake you are held accountable. If your older and been in the league awhile you are told its ok just try and not do it again. Honestly man if you can not see this this is where our conversation ends.
I do understand that and I've already said that I would prefer to see Gus in the lineup over Mez just to see what we have. We won't know if Gus should be resigned without playing him to see if he can play every night and learn from his mistakes. All I'm saying is that people over react and exagerate how good and bad players are. I've seen it a lot that Gus has potential to be a top 4 defenseman and I personally just don't see it. It's possible but just not probable. I see him topping out at a 5-6. It's not often that you see an undersized defenseman that puts up 25-20 points while playing below average defense in a top 4. That's all I'm saying.

I completely agree that the Flyers play vets over young guys even and the veterans arent always held accountable for their mistakes but the Flyers aren't the only team that does that. If you really think the Flyers are going to sign Streit to the deal they gave him and then 3 months later bench him I don't know what to tell you, it just isn't going to happen. As I said, I think he should be in for Mez but I don't know their reasoning, they could be trying to keep him in the lineup in hopes that someone gives them a pick for him, who knows. All I know is that it's not like Gus is so great and such a difference maker that it's some crime not to have him in the lineup that some people make it seem.

We agree on most points, really. I just think people overrate Gus when trying to make their point that he should be in the lineup.

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote