Thread: Claude Giroux
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Richards was my favorite Flyer since Lindros so I don't really fit that mold you created for me. Richards had a great run in 2010 and was injured in 2011 so I don't even know what your talking about. Richards got this team closer to a cup then any Flyers captain in a long time.
My point was this is how the fan base turns on players. They struggle for a brief period of time and then everyone jumps in revisionist history mode.

Claude Giroux, at his best (and even just below that level), is a much better hockey player than Richards. 30 games on a **** team doesn't take away from that.

And lol at Richards getting the team closer. First, that team was stacked in comparison to the current group. They had two hall of fame defensemen in their primes, and 4 soild lines of offensive contributors. And even then, it took the parting of the seas scenario for the Flyers to get there (Washington and Pittsburgh both getting knocked out by an inferior Habs team). Giroux has beaten the Pens in the playoffs.

I'm not even going to get into the Richards/Carter thing again. I still love them both as players. But, Giroux is a better player than either of them.