Thread: Claude Giroux
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2013, 11:40 AM
AaronTrieu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
You put the blame on people that really have **** the bed lately. Streit has been awful. Even worse than Mez. Our overall defense hasn't put up a good game for a while. Hartnell doing nothing right. Voracek only now starting to actually shoot the puck. Schenn and Simmonds not doing that much. Vinny has been injured twice already, but I do like what I've seen from him. The Couts line has been very good, but has been lit up in the past few games. Our 4th line is way too slow and gets pinned way too much in our zone, which turns into a goal usually. The idea that Gus isn't playing is baffling, especially in place of the ********-the-bed Streit.

Everyone is having problems, brain farts and so on. So don't blame Giroux just because he's the captain, because guess what, you can only do so much. Shea Weber is captain, and they have a stale offense. Callahan in NY has a stale offense and he's the captain. You may be captain, but it doesn't mean you have to provide ALL the offense.
Callahan has never been a point producing forward. Weber doesn't light it up with the assists either. Statistically this season they are giving their teams what they expect. For giroux to earn his pay he needs to be put up points. I'm not taking Crosby or Ovie numbers. But he should be around a point/game. This season he is struggling and peoples concerns are warranted. Just because he is the captain doesn't mean he is free from blame. As a captain and a leader, the blame should start with him. He needs to be more noticeable before the blame starts trickling down. Saying his line mates are bad is weak.