View Single Post
Old
01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Immonen is a scorer? He has offensive ability but is a fine two way player.

Yes Ortmeyer stinks. He's not a good hitter, he's slow, he has no offensive ability, and hasn't blocked shots. I'm sorry this isn't a "I hate physical players" post because well Ortmeyer isn't that physical. If he's physical ... Hossa is physical.

And yes you SHOULD get some offensive scoring from your bottom six as has been discussed ad nauseum.
You want guys who can skate....coach has said it himself...he's not very good at it. He's not slow at all...he's thrown a number of good checks...you knew he had no offensive ability before he came back...and let him get into the flow of things...then he'll start diving every where and PKing. Sure you should....but it comes secondary. You're not looking to put a scorer on your bottom 6 and Jarko Immonen is a top 2 line center. If he can't make it there then he's taking the job of a defensive center...or checking center...which is what I think Hossa WAS doing...but he proved me wrong. Doubt Immonen can do that...especially given his size, and lack of NHL experience at his age

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote