View Single Post
Old
12-12-2013, 04:11 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I'd blow the whole thing up if I were the GM. I'd start by identifying which players stay. As it stands, Giroux, Mason, Couturier, Read and Downie are those guys who I keep from the main roster. In terms of prospects, Ghost, Laughton, Stolarz, Leier, Morin, Hagg, Alt, Cousins and Straka are keepers.

So, there's lots of bodies available. First things first. The Schenn boys go back close to home. I call Winnipeg and see if a deal with regards to Evander Kane and Grant Clitsome could be made.

Next deal involves Hartnell and Coburn. That's a phone call to the Edmonton Oilers. I know Edmonton fans will scream bloody murder, but I think a deal around Klefbom and Yakupov could be made.

Third deal would be Wayne Simmonds and Nicklas Grossmann to Phoenix for Keith Yandle and Mikkel Boedker.

Fourth deal would be Vinny Lecavalier to Montreal in exchange for Max Pacioretty and Nathan Beaulieu.

Final deal would be Jakub Voracek to Florida for Dmitri Kulikov and Drew Shore.

This is how the lineup ends up shaking out:

Yakupov - Giroux - Kane
Downie - Couturier - Read
Pacioretty - Laughton - Boedker
Rinaldo - Hall - Raffl

Defense would obviously be the big overhaul:
Yandle - Klefbom
Beaulieu - Alt
Kulikov - Clitsome
Gustafsson

I'm sure some would absolutely detest this overhaul of the D, but with the money saved in a lot of the transactions, a guy like Nikitin could be added with the left over savings. Not too sure how many would like this though.
All of those deals are terrible value for the other teams except for the Florida deal oddly.

I'd do Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd for Max Pacioretty and Nathan
Beaulieu

Kimmo Timonen and a project prospect like maybe Straka to a playoff team for a 1st.

Trade Jakub Voracek, Scott Hartnell and Nick Cousins to wpg for Evander Kane.

Trade our 2 1sts and Braydon Coburn for the pick that lands Aaron Ekblad

Sign Dan Boyle for 2-3 years to help develop Ekblad
Sign Dan Girardi
Sign Marian Gaborik
Sign Al Montoya

Kane-Giroux-Gaborik
Pacioretty-Couturier-Lecavalier
Read-Laughton-Downie
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill/VandeVelde

Ekblad-Boyle
Girardi-Streit
Grossmann-Beaulieu
Gustafsson

Mason
Montoya

Last edited by orange is better: 12-13-2013 at 12:39 PM.
orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote