Thread: Speculation: Has Adam Oates Been Fired Yet????
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
trick9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Calzner has always been their best bet. Carlson was a stud last year (at even-strength anyway).

GMGM has never sufficiently addressed the blueline overall but this team isn't a Jay Bouwmeester or even a Duncan Keith away from being legit. Not under Boudreau, Hunter or Oates. They would still very likely be plagued by poor decision-making and a lack of timing/cohesion. Sure, it never hurts to stack the blueline and ideally the top four should be improved but on a systematic level they've never been close to as disciplined and cohesive as they need to be. Hunter made that choppiness into an artform but the root issues weren't addressed. Maybe with more time and further changes they would have been. Thus far under Oates it's hard to say he's really dug in and made a fundamental impact. The constant learning on the job hires are unforgiveable.
That might be debatable. I mean '09-'10 season i think if you add Duncan Keith to that Caps team, they would have gone atleast to the ECF. He won the Norris that year and would have been huge help to that offensive powerhouse team we had.

Kind of sad to admit though that even thinking back if we managed to add Keith to that without giving anything up, this team still wouldn't have been Stanley Cup favourite. And since then this team has only gone downhill.

Just realised you might have meant adding Keith to this current team. If that's the case then yeah i agree that wouldn't be enough to even be among top-2 favourites in the East.