Old
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
15 years isn't enough time
In those 15 years Poile has obtained and drafted many good players, and Trotz has had quite a bit of regular season success with them. That is undeniable.

This is shaping up to be the first truly non-competitive team we have had since the 01-02 season. (last year doesnt count for a variety of reasons).

It all depends on the ownership. If they are patient and can tolerate a rebuild, I think Poile gets a mulligan and will be given the opportunity to try to fix this team this summer. In all honesty, he's earned that much.

Then the decision needs to be made as to whether Trotz can still effectively coach this team, or if the players we have (and are going to keep) have lost faith in him and are tuning him out. From everything I hear, the players mostly love the guy and would do anything for him, but that may not be the case after this seaon. If Poile is given another shot, I believe Trotz will be too.

If Poile is canned then obviously the new GM will want his own coach. I just dont see Poile firing Trotz without resigning himself.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote