Thread: Ryan Hollweg
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Hollweg....

probably plays a bit too much for a guy who has zero points. I like him and all, but I envision a different third line. If the third line isn't going to be matched up against top lines, and it always is not, then there's no reason why you can't get a bit more scoring from that line, which is why Immonen would've been a decent centerman there, assuming the right wingers. Hossa may've even found a role there as the two could've brought a bit of offense and cycling without sacraficing defense - and perhaps that's Hossa's ultimate role, because 40+ games and no goals seems like a long time to go without a goal with taht ice time (Hossa and Hollweg).

Back to Hollweg - this team needs hitting, but it's tough to play a guy a lot who's not scoring. I don't see many successful teams doing that. They have guys who can hit, and score, and that's been my major issue with the makeup of this team (this season and last). You need guys to do both, since with hitting you often try to generate turnovers and chances; Hollweg's hitting's not doing that. I like Hollweg, but he's a fourth liner, and there's nothing wrong with that, and it's the same feeling I get with Ortmeyer. I like him, but he's a fourth liner. I had been suggesting he play the PK too - nothing wrong with taking the burden off Shanny - which still has yet to be done since according to Renney Shanny likes it - but he likes scoring too and I can't help but think that the PK and all the ice time has contributed to his recent scoring slump.

Sorry, every post seems to bring out my frustrations with Renney.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote