View Single Post
12-13-2013, 09:09 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
I'm not writing him off, what I'm saying is that people shouldnt assume guys can step right into the NHL from Juniors jsut because they were good against 16-19 year olds when they were 19.

I hope so but at the same time there's nothing to suggest that he can step in as a 3rd line center and make an impact. In his limited time here, he wasnt exposed but that was also only a few games and it's not like he showed tons of offensive potential. I just don't want him playing 8 minutes a game on the 4th line, I'd rather see him in the AHL.
You're right. The leap from juniors to pro hockey, especially to the NHL, is massive. Anyone who thought that he could do it with his size and skill set, was either misinformed or an idiot.

I think Laughton gets one of two roles next year; he either plays the wing on the third line (which might mean that they see him as winger long term), or he starts as the fourth line center. I don't really like doing that to a young player, but that seems to be how they handle things. Schenn was really the only young player in recent memory that they pretty much gave a top six spot to from day one. Giroux, JVR, Couturier, Read, etc. all started in the bottom six.