View Single Post
Old
12-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneHands View Post
Laughton was well under a PPG his draft year and only had 23 points the year before as opposed to guys like Couturier and Schenn who were well above a PPG even as 16 year olds, those are guys that don't need time to develop their offensive skills, though it could be argued that Couts could have benefited from it. Laughton isnt a guy who's been dominating offensively at every level he's been at and he just needs to bring that to the NHL, his offensive game has just really taken off the last 2 seasons. Obviously the skill was always there but it's still developing in my opinion.

We can just agree to disagree I guess because we'll never know what's best for him unless he steps in day 1 and is solid defensively while putting up decent numbers. I just think he needs some fine tuning of his offensive skills and that he can further progress them playing top line minutes and PP in the AHL for a season(or even half as I suggested before) rather than with plugs on the 4th line in Philly.
I agree with you that the AHL is better than the 4th line. I just think he would actually work on the 3rd line next year behind Giroux and Couturier. That line is getting controlled minutes now with B. Schenn at center so having Laughton there wouldn't really matter IMO.