Old
01-09-2007, 06:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
The real disconnect is that you believe this team is a Cup contender. I don't. Therefore, you do not need a Bowman type to re-build the team. Loosing sticks a typical for the team in progress, re-building team it is. Just stay patient. Let Tyutin grow into #1 D, let bottom 6 to settle, than Stall might be coming... Nothing will happen before 2009 anyway...
Wow, have you read any of my other posts? I'm the guy that always says how this team is NOT a Cup Contender, and that with the organization in the state that it is, we won't be for a few years. I'm well aware of that. I'm also the guy who always wishes aloud for a true rebuild.

At the same time, we can be better than we are. I think we have the talent to take our weak division, and play better than .500 hockey. I'm full of patience for Tyutin and Prucha and Lundqvist, but that has nothing to do with anything. I've stated sooooo many times the problems I have with Renney: tactical errors such as failure to match lines, a failure to instill discipline and accountability, questionable lines, etc... That's got nothing to do with patience!

The team as it is is not capable of winning a Cup- I'm well aware! But we also shouldn't be having prolonged losing streaks, an off-and-on PP and PK, and totally undisciplined play. That, TO ME (to me!) falls on the coach. If not for those problems, we're winning the division, IMO. That's my problem!

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote