View Single Post
Old
12-13-2013, 10:51 PM
RangersHank*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax1166 View Post
Yeh, you know I was for the Nash trade thinking the Rangers needed one more gamebreaker to put them over the top.
I never thought instead they'd get a washed up player and become the Gomez Rangers.

The 11 and 12 Rangers weren't the most talented, no team with Sather as GM will be, however every game they played, they played hard, with hustle, and that was fun.
We didn't want to lost this part of the team, we just wanted to have another scorer.

Begs the question:

1) Did we really the star in Nash? Was there somebody else who could have provided 1/2nd line consistent offense?

2) Would Columbus have done the deal without Dubi? Could Del Zotto or Hagelin been subed?

I agree. Nash wasnt a need. What we needed was another top 6 forward and another bottom 6 forward and a depth Dman. Say we keep that team together and still let Prust go. Plus we also still trade Rupp for Powe who we send to AHL. This is all speculation but i think this team would look better than this years team. No Zucc either.

2012-13 team: what i would have done
Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Whitney-Stepan-Callahan
Dubinsky-AA-Ponikarovsky/Langenbrunner
Mitchell-Boyle-Fedotenko

That forward group has depth and another top 6er in Whitney who played in a defensive system and Poni or Langenbrunner who are decent bottom 6 guys. AND we can still make the trade at the deadline for Clowe. Kreider and Miller get shots with injuries. Once again, that is my opinion and what i would have done if the Nash trade wasnt done.

This year:
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Zuccarello
Pyatt-Brassard-Callahan
Pouliot-Boyle-Dorsett

Lots of plugs here and inconsistency. Maybe a bit more skilled, but alot more heartless. Give me my fantasy 12-13 team over last years 12-13 team anyday

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote