View Single Post
Old
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
As the Glorious Weep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Agree 100%. Like I said earlier, I love having the guy in a Habs jersey, but if it gets to a bidding war and the price upwards of 6mil, I'd rather see him leave.

Agree 100% with this as well, although I feel really bad having to agree with this one. We all thought the cap would curb GM spendings, but unfortunately it appears this won't be the case. GM's are just as dumb, and just as willing to overpay for FA as they were pre-cap. McCabe, Kubina, Jovo, Savard etc...all got rediculous contracts, and I have a feeling Souray is going to get something disgusting by easily arguing that a precedent was set. I just hope Gainey has the foresight to walk away when things get too high. If keeps up with the D leaders in points I think the only thing I think thay may curb interest/price is the injury fear.
See, the thing with the cap is that teams that spend a lot on free agents in the off season result in no depth. If some team offers 6 million for souray, they might have a power play quarter back but they just made their team much worst by having no more resources left for signing good NHL plumbers.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote