View Single Post
Old
01-09-2007, 11:20 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's not a question of being patience. I think the majority of fans have no problem being patient. That said, there are no signs that he's improving. If Hugh was getting better slowly but surely, that would be fine with. But he's not. Not only is he not able to keep a role in the AHL, he's hardly opening eyes in Charlotte.

Yes power forwards do take time to develop. That said, Hugh is taking an awful long time just to demonstrate that he can be an average, serviceable player let alone an NHL power forward.

It's not fair to look at all the players drafted around and after Hugh and then use that to judge him. But the fact remains that he was a reach where he was selected. The Rangers needed to get a guy in that spot who was going to play in the NHL (even if that meant a guy who's potential came with a lower ceiling).

Hugh was considered a boom or bust pick. It's no longer too soon to venture a guess as to which one he's going to be.
I absolutely agree with you and you are right. My post was more a comment on the Jessiman threads that pop up every 2 months. It is never started by a positive poster, it is always negative. I'm just saying that it does us no good to constantly beat this horse to death. I just laid it out there: we can't change it, we spent the pick, just be patient and forget about him. When I say be patient I don't me give him a chance, which is the angle I believe you are commenting on. I'm more of the economics mind... the costs are sunk, we won't get hurt by giving him a few more years so suck it up and hope for the best. I don't think the Flyers board has a Matt Zultec thread 4 times a year.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote