View Single Post
Old
01-10-2007, 12:39 AM
IcePalace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I think you typed this after he broke up a Staal chance with a good backcheck. I wish people would watch more games of him to see he can play defense and does it pretty well. He's not a Peca, Draper, Pahlsson, etc in his own zone, but he certainly isn't a liability in his own end. Funniest post I saw over the summer was someone calling him a cherry picker and the reason the poster said that was because he scored a lot of goals off rebounds. Yeah, if that didn't make sense to you...it didn't make much sense to me either when I read it in one of the million "OMG Lecavalier most overrated player ever LOLZ!!!!" threads.

Great effort tonight. I think that was one of the best games they've played in a while. Forecheck was giving the Pens D fits and the Pens only generated a few good chances. PK was excellent tonight and the PP looked dangerous too. Homer was very good tonight. Amazing: good special teams and goaltending resulted in a win. Maybe these guys should try it more often.
That's exactly the play I was talking about. I think that people think he's a cherry picker because he knows exactly when it's time to leave the zone (as soon as St. Louis touches the puck ). Although the rebound part really doesn't make any sense. He gets goals off of rebounds because he goes to the net. Some people just don't understand it I guess. I'm glad you guys on these GDTs do You guys are a great group. I'm glad I stumbled into here when I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
Ok, since I was at the game I didn't hear the comment. Was Chief talking MVP of the entire team or just MVP of the defense??
He was just talking about defense, and just on the Lightning. He was doing his "Chief awards" thing for the mid point of the season, like he did last season. He also cited Lecavalier and Perrin. I don't remember who else he picked for the around the league part. Rookies were Malkin, Staal, and....uh...I forget actually...