Old
01-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Halak as a Vokoun-type...very possible. Could happen. We have a great problem at hand in the goaltending department (Huet, Halak, Price...).

Unfortunately...DANIS might be used as trade bait (package trade...just my opinion, not a fact!). Danis is also UFA this summer, unless Habs sign him to a (one way? or two way?) $450,000 contract?...

I'd like to see Halak as backup to Huet next year (with Price pressuring him)...

Carey Price (as a 20 year-old next season) getting lots of time with the Bulldogs (with Desjardins as backup? or Desjardins to play 1 out of every 3 or 4 games?...).
If Danis and Aebischer both leave by UFA, I would kind of like to see a veteran UFA back-up type guy brought into the organization, likely for Hamilton.

I would want a guy with experience to back-up Price in Hamilton, while Halak would back-up Huet in Montreal. I know we have a glut of goalies, and this would mean having Desjardins and Laccasse likely as the pair in Cincinnati, but I feel it might be good for Price to begin his pro career along with someone who knows the ropes a little (even, like, a Danis).

Bringing in a veteran also gives you options if Halak is struggling as an NHL back-up.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote