View Single Post
Old
01-25-2004, 01:56 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmith
Ok, maybe there'll be a storm of anti-Burke posts after mine, but IMO: Keep him! As a first goalie who's currently resting while the backup is hotter than hell or as a backup to the hotter-than-hell-backup, but keep him. After this season... either retire him and his number or let him go play in Spartak Moscow. I wanna see Sean play as well!
Unless we get a desirable asset in return, I wouldn't be anxious to pull the trigger on a Burke deal. Makes no sense for Phoenix to deal their best insurance towards making a run at the playoffs this season and perhaps next season as well (provided their is a season). For me a mid-round pick will not be enough to justify a transaction. The return has to make sense (and I'm not saying equivalent value to the team because we are talking unproven prospects and draft picks in return) for Phoenix to make a deal. Standing room only crowds (1500 standing room seats sold last night) and a team in the middle of a playoff race is not a great time to start removing key compenents to the franchise. Things are good in Coyote land these days.