View Single Post
Old
01-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Using the kids in spot duty is the sane way to bring them along as professional players, they get a taste of what's required to play in the NHL and hopefully they apply it in the minors which makes them better in the long run. IMO it's fantastic that the Habs finally have the organizational depth to be able to call up a kid who can not only play at the NHL, but compete (it's been a long time since I've been comfortable with a callup being in the lineup).
I agree. I see nothing wrong with bringing the guys up slowly but surely. There will be a great competition next year between the Lapierre, Chipchura, Kostitsyn and Grabovski up front. This'll only make us a stronger team in the long run. No need to rush, the team has great depth.

As for Grabovski, he looked spectacular, and I thought his playmaking game was already amazing, it's mostly Samsonov who couldn't skate with him and complete his nice passes, not the other way around, but for all the great moves he had (and he had a boat load of 'em), there was also one defensive lapse or a heads down play where he got completely taken out of the play with a solid check he never saw coming.

He's promising, he's getting there, but he's not, IMO, yet a a 2nd line center on a contender. I feel more comfortable trying out Bonk between the 2 Russians first (and hopefully Samsonov either breaks out or is traded before the deadline).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote