View Single Post
Old
12-15-2013, 11:05 AM
FanHabtic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
One main reason I want to sign Dan Girardi is because that would make Coburn expendable. I believe Girardi is a better all around defenseman than Coburn, but Coburn would warrant a lot of interest on the trade market(looking at you Edmonton, Ottawa, and Carolina) and those teams would probably be willing to pay a pretty penny for him.

I still hunt for that number one. We need a big named defender to list his frustrations with another city(looking at you PK Subban, who last reported by the fourth period that negotiations aren't moving) I would try to package Schenn+Morin(We know Montreal likes him a lot)+1st from 2015(people will say that's not enough, that is a significant package though) for him if there is any indication he is available. I remember Bobby Mac also said if he isn't getting close to a deal with Montreal other teams will start calling to see if they have an asking price. I know a lot of us don't like him, but man he would be everything we need on our back end(mobility, Booming shot, great first pass, PP QB, and most importantly young) for us to build around. A first pairing of Girardi and Subban would instantly make us a contender I believe.

Or Shea Weber

OR

Bobby Ryan.

Trading significant spots up in the draft is rarely done, so I really don't see that happening.
Haha, come on Prongo. That is not reality. No GM fails to lock up their young Norris trophy winning #1 dman let alone dump him off for that return.

FanHabtic* is offline   Reply With Quote