View Single Post
Old
12-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Brought up again yesterday that Sather's search for a new coach was hardly a search at all. The coaching staff and the players aren't on the same page. There's no way we're going to win with any consistency until they are. It might take a couple years to get enough of a team together to AV's liking. In the meantime that will probably mean no playoffs.

The possibility of massive player turnover to fit AV's requirements and/or AV's being fired before his own next contract could have us hitting the skids for a long time.

I'll give Sather some credit-after the first few years I was surprised he lasted but then since the lockout he was able to build a somewhat competitive team--now it looks like the potential is there for blowing up the entire structure and starting from scratch again.
Well, most organizations go through that sort of cycle. Sometimes, on the upswing, the best a team manages is the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the playoffs a few times. The truth is, though, that GMs typically don't survive very far into the downswing of it. I would say that there is a pretty good possibility we could see something similar happen in Washington at some point and GMGM will get the axe. We're not going to see that here, unless Dolan changes his mind.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote