View Single Post
Old
01-25-2004, 02:24 PM
#44_delivers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
There's a diehard Koivu basher in every forum, suggesting we trade him every time we lose a couple in a row. It's the same as the Leaf fans who never seem to have gotten over the Wendel Clark trade and who would love nothing more than to see Sundin shipped out of Toronto, despite the fact that he's been the backbone of the franchise for a decade.

Koivu is the anchor of this team. His contribution goes beyond stats. There's no stat for plays like last Tuesday's, when he hammered that guy down to the ice, or like a few weeks ago, when he was hit dirty and responded by getting up and punching the guy who hit him right in the mouth. You need a fiery player like that as your team captain; his attitude is contagious, and you can see whoever plays on his line with him respond in kind. Plus, it was only after he was moved to the point that our power play went from abysmal to elite. He is the best Hab skater bar none and people should give him the respect he deserves.
very well said i agree he is valuable asset to the habs both on and off the ice.

i dont want to see him go but i got a hunch if BG's going to make a trade he's fishing him.