12-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
Terrible terrible ****ing loss.

I don't like the shootout, but it'd be nice if they could win some once in awhile. There's no way this team has ever taken the ****ing shootout serious. Year after year they skate it and shoot it right into the pads. Jesus ****ing Christ. At this point, just play four forwards each shift in overtime, I mean what do you have to lose?

Also, the defense has been **** lately, but Mason is starting to show cracks in his armor. He's been slow to react to shots at the point the last few games and he's also been overhandling the puck a little bit.

Such a depressing loss.
I hate watching them dangle straight up to the crease.

Last season there was an article analyzing shootout attempts and, shockingly (!), it was found that skaters who just ****ing shoot instead of trying to deke the goalie out of his jock have far more success. Hell, look at Fehr...he's at about 60% and he just shoots. Read is one of our most successful guys and he's the same way.

At this point I'd rather see them fire a slapshot from the slot with no fancy crap than watch them deke their way into a miss time and time again, after YEARS of that **** failing.