View Single Post
Old
12-15-2013, 06:19 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I'd like to think I'm a pretty level headed guy in many faucets of life, however, I'm not above getting irritated watching sports and saying something stupid or off the wall after a tough loss.
Like I said, nothing wrong with being passionate. I am, too. I've said some pretty dumb things after some tough losses, also. In fact, earlier this year (when the team was still winless), I advocated sending Couturier to the AHL for a little. I'm not above saying stupid things.

But some people take just things way too seriously and personally in a way that goes beyond passion. Especially when the team is barely out of the playoffs right now with the chance to be in it by the end of the week, I just don't understand the rationale behind some of these emotional posts.

It's a loss that stings, but no need to take it personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
i feel like i was let down by 20 people today.

and yes, it's being holier than thou whether you call it that or the clearly defined synonym you've provided.
Like this guy. You weren't let down by anyone, my friend. I hated to watch those last ten minutes every bit as much as you did, but I'm not personally affronted by what I just saw.

It would be holier than thou if I looked down on you as a lesser person because of your words or actions. I don't think I'm superior to you because I am not emotionally damaged by the game; I just can't understand your rationale behind your extreme emotions, that's all.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote