View Single Post
Old
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
FTowwn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
If Danis and Aebischer both leave by UFA, I would kind of like to see a veteran UFA back-up type guy brought into the organization, likely for Hamilton.

I would want a guy with experience to back-up Price in Hamilton, while Halak would back-up Huet in Montreal. I know we have a glut of goalies, and this would mean having Desjardins and Laccasse likely as the pair in Cincinnati, but I feel it might be good for Price to begin his pro career along with someone who knows the ropes a little (even, like, a Danis).

Bringing in a veteran also gives you options if Halak is struggling as an NHL back-up.
good idea and i fully agree. I dont think Danis is going to re-sign with us this year unless he is guaranteed the backup spot which i think he should, then give one more year in Hamilton with a Price and Halak split. After that year, Halak moves up to the backup spot and Price carries the load in goal for hamilton. If we bring Halak up as the backup next year, he wont see a lot of games and will be on the bench a lot whih wont be good for development really. I think its important be develop booth Price and Halak to their ful potentials.

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote