View Single Post
Old
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM
frozenrubber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Yep. Here's a few more...

Has Nylander ever thrown a hit in his career?

Every game we crash the other teams net at some point...but are immediately shoved away and pushed around. We are then reluctant to go back...with the exception of a few (Prucha-Shanny at the top of that list). However...come down to our end...TAKE ALL THE WHACKS AT HENRIK YOU WANT. Unbelievable...I've seen Rozey clear a guy out once...it was Hilbert in Long Island. A Ward and Kasper do it occasionally. Unreal.
Well, I'm more surprised that Nylander hasn't had more back problems in his career than he's experienced. In multiple occasions in taking off his jersey, he probably wears the LEAST amount of upper body protection that I've ever seen. Minimal shoulder caps and basically NOTHING on his back.

Now, oldtimers have always become accustom to what they've worn over the years and typically wear much less protection than the new kids entering the league, ie. Shanahan.

However, with the breakthrough in lightweight but very flexible/non-imposing equipment protection available, I find it more than disturbing to see a player w/ Nylander skate with nothing more than a jersey on his back.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote