View Single Post
Old
01-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
A 43 year old Mess...

Barnaby and Simon blows away any combination of third and fourth line players on this team and would greatly enhance this team. I can say that with a lot of confidence.

Yeah, other lines do not have to score, but just remember the outcomes of games from the beginning of March through the end of the playoffs - seemed as though this team could've used scoring other than from Jagr, or at least an excuse not to play Jagr 25-27 mimutes on any night down the stretch.

If the bottom two lines consistently went against top lines and shut them down, perhaps that would be somewhat of a different story. Considering they go out there against whomever, including top lines, second lines, third lines and fourth lines, it's really hard to dismiss their lack of production. One assist from a centerman with about 15 minutes of ice time. That's gotta be a low throughout the league. Zero points for Hollweg through 40+ games and nearly 9 minutes of ice time. One goal for Hossa in 40+ games. I don't care what line you are on, more production is needed with that kind of ice time.

I'm not expecting 20 goal scorers, that's a given, but I'm not expecting zero goals, one assist, one goal, etc., through 1/2 the season either.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote