View Single Post
Old
12-16-2013, 09:10 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Here's the thing:

With man-to-man defense, there are going to be defensive lapses. Especially with the way our team is built right now. (Young D. No Staal. Completely new system compared to what they've been playing for their careers in New York).

Last night's game is a perfect example. I'd say Calgary had anywhere from 6-7 grade A scoring chances in the game. They scored three times. I'm okay with three goals, considering. What I'm not okay with, is 6-7 grade A scoring chances. That's bull****

Here's a shot chart from last night:

21 shots on goal for the Flames last night, 9 of which came from the goal mouth, or in between the circles.

I think in turn, this is playing a huge role in shaking Hank's confidence. Here is what I posted in the PGT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You can also tell that Hank's confidence isn't where it needs to be. I've never seen him move that much in a shootout, ever. There was one specific Calgary shooter, Hudler I think, where he faked a wrist-shot and he moved Hank A TON. Hank ended up making a left-pad save on that shooter, but still, it startled me how much he moved.
He's not relieved of all fault. He's given up soft-goals. I'm not afraid to admit when he's giving up soft goals. But as Jonathan. so greatly pointed out in this thread, there is no viable reason to be so far to one end of the spectrum on Hank. Team game.

I'd love to go back to zone D.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote