View Single Post
Old
12-16-2013, 03:35 PM
DecadesofFutility

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
If that's the case, then you don't draft Sean Couturier, you draft Dougie Hamilton. People like to talk about the Flyers neglect of the goalie position, but both Holmgren and Clarke have long neglected the defense position as well. This team has been collecting old pylons for as long as I remember. I can only remember one flyers team, the recent cup team, that had two fully formed defense pairs that could move the puck. After that it was maybe one or two guys and a bunch of tough defensive only guys.
I have said it time and time again, Hamilton was the pick to get the Flyers started in the right direction.
Couturier was a safer pick to the Flyers, but one with less future value than a possible #1 defenseman.
Instead of building from the goalie and defense out, the Flyers collect centers, it drives me nuts.
Then they sign a couple of retreads and think they can compete for the CUP.
There is a reason these veterans are available, their skills have eroded.

First, Holmgren needs to be fired. He cannot fix this mess he made.
Second, Hextall needs to inform Snyder that he will trade anyone needed to fix the team.
Third, the Flyers will trade to acquire at least one great skating offensive defensemen (PMD) which could become #1 defenseman.
Two mobile and quick skating defenseman would be better, of course.
Fourth, after the Flyers retool the defense, then they can start focusing on the front end problems that exist.

Last edited by DecadesofFutility: 12-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
DecadesofFutility is offline   Reply With Quote