View Single Post
Old
01-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
I dont think its fair to call mike keenan an idiot. You can question his tactics but you cant question his overall results going all the way back to the 80's. I generally dont like him but I'm willing to admit that he's had success in this league.

There's a reason why he keeps getting hired in other places. His track record is intriguing. Although some of his recent stops have been rather unsuccessful (in wins and losses) namely Vancouver and Florida. But Keenan had a hand in Vancouver's ultimate turnaround. Linden for Bertuzzi and McCabe was an absolute steal. And he's left florida with some good peices in place.

I think his lack of ability to stay in certain cities for a long time can be attributed to his constant power struggle. Keenan seems like the type of guy who wants his fingerprints all over the team as a coach and a GM. And when he has to work with someone else, he usually gets himself in trouble.

Say what you want about keenan. But some players absolutely LOVE him and attribute their success to keenan's coaching abilities while other players absolutely loathe the guy. There's not alot of indifference from players when talking about keenan. And maybe that's not a bad thing since he had a way of getting the most out of players that also despised him.

Last edited by Hackett: 01-11-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote