View Single Post
Old
01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
baldrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Give the guy a break!!!
He was NEVER the huge star everybody thought he was going to be. Everybody thought he was going to score a huge a number of goals, but he isn't the hockey player that everybody thought and he has had to live up to the big expectations for years now....cut him some slack.
He gets his chances and he has scored goals for the team....I don't see what he has done wrong with what he has had to work with....Pleks and Kovy.
I think the only thing that needs to be done is for Carbo to juggle the lines around and put him on the wing with someone other than Kovalev, these 2 guys are too much the same to have on the same line.....switch things up. Give Samsonov a chance on the first line with Koivu and Ryder....Koivu is the setup man and Ryder and Samsonov are both snipers...I see nothing wrong with that solution and I could guarantee that Sammie would start putting the puck in the net if he was paired with Koivu.
It's that 3.5 million dollar contract that increases expectations. He has had chances but failed to score, you can't blame his linemates for that. Would he be more productive if he was on a line with Koivu? Probably, everyone is. For whatever reason Carbonneau won't move him away from Kovalev so we'll never know, but as it stands he is not producing, that's the bottom line. It's time to stop blaming everyone else.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote