Thread: Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
12-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
That's just what I'm trying to figure out. I don't think Luke Schenn has been as bad as a lot of things I read from our fanbase. He had a very good year last year and has been up and down this season (hasn't everyone?)
I still like Luke a lot and think he has a lot more to give. He provides an element of hitting that is very important to keeping other teams on their toes. He and Grossmann make them harder to play against.

His first pass has always been good, he joins the play and gets his point shots off. I don't have as many complaints about his play as others. I saw how well he played at times for Toronto, being subjected to so many Leaf games living here.

He was really good last year, paired with Kimmo, but I understand why Kimmo needs a better skater as a partner now, and he and Coburn work well together.

With Grossmann playing so well, and working well with Streit, it just means Luke is going to be in the 3rd pairing now. Lots of things will change in the next couple years, and I can see Morin playing with a vet like Streit, and Luke taking care of a smaller guy like Hagg or Gostibehere a couple years down the road.

One thing that impressed me last year, in the unfortunate late season winning stretch, was how well Luke played with Lauridsen. They kept it simple, moved the puck, and hit everyone who came across the blueline. It worked too, even against some pretty good opposition.

I hope Berube keeps playing Luke with Gus and just let them play.

Then next summer, keep Luke away from weight training with Shea Weber and get him working on his speed again. He's strong enough.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote