View Single Post
Old
01-11-2007, 12:18 PM
SML

vCash: 500
I get it. You guys would rather have chosen someone else. But do we have to bring this up over and over again? I don't see quarterly threads being brought up on the Canadiens board griping about how the Candiens passed on Patrice Bergeron (who is the second best player stats wise in that draft only to Staal) TWICE to draft Kositsyn and some guy named Cory Urquhart. Quit beating the dead horse. The fact is that while you guys are saying it's one of the deepest drafts ever, most of the guys who are really making big impacts weren't even available to us when we picked. Bergeron is the one guy every team can honestly say they missed on because he was a second rounder. Who's the franchise player we missed out on picking at #12?
13 Dustin Brown 10Goals
14 Brent Seabrook 111 games played, where would he play here.
15 Robert Nilsson AHL
16 Steve Bernier AHL
17 Zach Parise 17 goals this year
18 Eric Fehr AHL
19 Ryan Getzlaf 18 goals this year
20 Brent Burns 146 games played, but wouldn't have gotten playing time here.
21 Mark Stuart AHL
22 MA Pouliot AHL
23 Ryan Kesler 5 goals and making over 1M
24 Mike Richards 1 goal
25 Anthony Stewart AHL
26 Brian Boyle Still in college
27 Jeff Tambellini AHL
28 Corey Perry 12 goals
29 Patrick Eaves 7 goals
30 Shawn Belle AHL
So the argument is really that we should have drafted Parise, Brown, Perry or Getzlaf, right? Because you know that this team would not have had Seabrrok or Burns plying full time last year, and probably not even this year. Staal IMO is a better prospect than either one and he's not here now. Even if we did pick one of those 4 forwards, I don't think it's the earthshattering event some of you make it out to be. Perry and Getzlaf are on what is arguably the best team in hockey, and I happen to think Parise is overrated. So we took a chance. It's not like we traded our franchise goalie away and passed up on Heatly and Gaborik to draft a goalie. There have been bigger mistakes made.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote