View Single Post
Old
12-17-2013, 10:36 AM
bauerhockey02

vCash: 500
I see Ghost as a future bottom pairing defensemen who can also contribute well on the powerplay.
Hagg will likely be a second pairing defensemen.
Morin I can see being a future 2/3 defensemen.
It is very difficult to acquire a true #1 defensemen. In my opinion, both at the time and now, we gave up too much to acquire Pronger. Had we won a cup it would have been worth it but we didn't. The Weber offer sheet also would have also been to many dollars and picks. While picks are a gamble, which makes offer sheets better than a trade, it still usually results in an overpayment money wise to get a player via offer sheet. Trading for a #1 I really don't think we should do as there's a good chance of having to give up a number of assets from the roster for one new addition.

In the future we can have a lineup of:
?-Coburn/Morin
Coburn/Morin-Hagg
Schenn-Ghost

That could be a solid defense with half being home grown defensemen. They will cost less money and hopefully provide us with some solid D. For the other spot look to FA, trade, and offer sheets. Maybe a true number one won't be found but if we can still get another good solid defensemen along with solid goaltending and decent two way play from the forwards we will likely be much more successful than now. Our offense worries me more than the defense when I look forward to a few years from now

bauerhockey02 is offline   Reply With Quote