Old
12-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Gardner McKay
Global Moderator
Last Mango In Paris

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I had high hopes for Hossa. He finished the 2006-07 very strong, but never really built on that.
Didn't he get hurt after going on a scoring pace of like 10 goals in 13 games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
I'm gonna catch heat for this but I don't understand the Pouliot hate. He's the perfect third liner. He has very nice offensive skills and he plays hard every shift and finishes checks. He does take some dumb penalties once in a while but I have to imagine that can be coached out of his game. He's definitely frustrating though because he's not a good finisher from what I've seen of him.

For all the hate he receives, he has been clutch. SO winner against Calgary with the nice assist to Hagelin on his goal; awesome play to Brassard for the GWG against Detroit; GWG in a big game against the Islanders.

To me it just looks like he's trying TOO hard out there. Maybe a result of not getting regular shifts most of the year. All I know is that for $1M I've been really happy with what he's provided
I would have no issue with BP if he didn't take so many dumb ****ing penalties. I am willing to bet that his penalties have cost us more goals against then his EV + PP time goals for.

The record shows I took the blows and did it my way
--
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote