View Single Post
Old
01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
SML

vCash: 500
Edge, I'm not one of these thread nazis who gets all crazy when people bring things up that I don't want to hear. I think I've brought valid points to the discussion and provided basis for my arguments. So please don't give me the don't read it if you don't like it stuff, I'm not some 7th grader home sick from school. I just think it's ridiculous that people seem to be focusing on this one particular pick as though it is the unravelling point of this entire organization. Yes it was a deep draft. That to me means you will get guys in the second round that would normally be first rounders, like Ivan Baranka, who the team is pretty high on. It doesn't mean that every guy in the first round is going to be a player. It just baffles me how people can be so pissed about the first rounder in 2003 but ignore the fact that the 2002 draft was a monumental disaster:
rd2 Lee Falardeau-ECHL (Jarret Stoll was there)
rd3 Marcus Jonasen- hasnt played hockey since 2005 (Matt Lombardi was there)
rd4 Nate Guenin plying in AHL for Philly (Lasse Pirjeta was there)
rd5 Mike Walsh- ECHL (Paul Ranger and Ian White were there)
rd6 Kim Herschovits-WHO? (Dennis Wideman?)
rd7 Joey Crabb plying AHL chicago wolves (Steffan Kronwall)
rd8 Petr Prucha The only player they scored a hit with.
Rd 9 Rob Flynn- Playing in a league called the SPHL... I don't even know what planet thats on.
So you may be getting tired of me, but I think it's kinda funny to call one pick such a bad move for this team and not even bring up that they wasted a whole draft year other than their lucky stab at Prucha after half the GM's went home for the day. You want a thing to gripe about, this is the kind of I would like to gripe about instead of one particular kid.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote