View Single Post
Old
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Catch-22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't believe that any team would want him anyway. Not at that price that even though he would start scoring for 4 or 5 games consecutively, he will have that label of inconsistency going for him that, at that price, nobody can afford. We're stuck with him and best we can do would be close to the deadline.....next year when his contract will be due and depending of his production.

During that time, Samsonov NEEDS to be out of Kovy's way, or benched. But a Sammy that could "explode" 'cause it seems Carbo and Gainey might think it can happen, is more useful on the ice than in the stands. They probably don't think it's the case for Perez.

I would love to see what's Perez value right now though.
I think the exact same thing you do. But I know I thought the same thing about Theodore, too. What possible value could he have represented to anybody? I still think I was right about Theodore save for one thing: We have Bob Gainey. And that means that even the most absurd deal is possible. That, my friend, is why you and I are talking here, and why Mr. Bob Gainey is a Stanley Cup winning GM.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote