View Single Post
Old
12-17-2013, 01:58 PM
CharlieGirl
Thank you Mr. Snider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Yes, because Halls, Gills, and Rinaldos are all we have aside from Giroux, Couturier, and Mason

There are more than a few teams in the league desperate for a player like Simmonds. As frustrating as he is, there are GMs who would give up value to land him. Same goes for Voracek, B. Schenn, and Downie. I'm not advocating a big more, but to act like the team is full of no value players is misguided. Even Hartnell could get moderate value at the deadline if the team falls off the rails and goes that route.
Let me spell it out for you.

No one on the planet wants Gill, Hall, Rinaldo, Rosehill, VandeVelde (who?), Raffl (they will, but no one knows who he is yet), Streit ($+age issue), Vinny ($+age+injury).

Underperforming or underwhelming:
Hartnell, Simmonds, BSchenn, Voracek

NTC/NMC:
Hartnell, Kimmo (not sure about Vinny/Streit).

Question marks (in terms of other teams' interest):
Downie, Read (I suspect he would be appealing; also someone I'd prefer on the keeper list), Coburn, Grossman, Gus, Mesz, LSchenn.

If the Flyers are looking to upgrade at any position other than in net (wow, how's that for something different?), the first thing an opposing GM will want is one of the untouchables, or Read. It's up to Homer to make it work for both sides, without gutting his team. I'm not sure that's possible without him throwing in a bunch of picks.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote