View Single Post
Old
12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Let me spell it out for you.

No one on the planet wants Gill, Hall, Rinaldo, Rosehill, VandeVelde (who?), Raffl (they will, but no one knows who he is yet), Streit ($+age issue), Vinny ($+age+injury).

Underperforming or underwhelming:
Hartnell, Simmonds, BSchenn, Voracek

NTC/NMC:
Hartnell, Kimmo (not sure about Vinny/Streit).

Question marks (in terms of other teams' interest):
Downie, Read (I suspect he would be appealing; also someone I'd prefer on the keeper list), Coburn, Grossman, Gus, Mesz, LSchenn.

If the Flyers are looking to upgrade at any position other than in net (wow, how's that for something different?), the first thing an opposing GM will want is one of the untouchables, or Read. It's up to Homer to make it work for both sides, without gutting his team. I'm not sure that's possible without him throwing in a bunch of picks.
You have spelled out nothing.

Just because a player is underperforming other GMs won't consider acquiring them? Seriously?

If Simmonds, BSchenn, or Voracek were made available, you can bet teams would be calling Holmgren. The Habs are literally desperate for a player of Simmonds's skill set. Don't act like the market completely dries up just because a player is underperforming on an underperforming team.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote