View Single Post
Old
12-17-2013, 02:41 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
What I said was that most GM's are going to want the guys on the initial protected list.

I was challenged, because apparently that was incorrect. I said that there are a number of players that are questionable - not that they're not worthwhile players, but they're far from the first guys another GM will ask about. Is that incorrect also?

Personally, I'd drive Simmonds out of town if it meant that a strong smart two-way forward was coming back. I'd drive LSchenn out of town if it meant that a very good young puck moving defenseman was coming back. I just don't see that happening. Maybe you all do, and I'm undervaluing these players. Or maybe I'm not wrong.
I would venture to guess that Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek, Coburn, Couturier, and Read all have tremendous trade value if they were really in play. You may not like Simmonds as a player (kind of like how I'm not a huge fan of Schenn), but that doesn't mean other teams wouldn't love to bring on a player of his skill set. Simmonds would be great on a team that didn't already have Hartnell, Schenn, and Downie that play similar games. Even with that said, I would still take him over any of those players mentioned before him.

Simmonds is a pretty good two-way player. He's not excellent, but he's certainly not awful. Not every player on your roster has be Mike Richards in order for you to have a good defensive team.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote