View Single Post
Old
12-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
A couple replied to my post so I'll just explain why I'm bored with the players I mentioned.

Desharnais - I do not believe this requires an explanation

Gionta - I'm sick of his lack of creativity and either shooting it wide and around the boards out of the zone (when there is a pass or a chance to drive the net) or shooting it right into the god damned crest. He is solid defensively, but he's just a boring player to watch.

Gorges - the ultimate boring player. Can't handle the puck, his clearing attempts are beyond pathetic and spends 90% of his time on the ice either chasing a player or blocking shots. Absolutely no creativity or skill with the puck on his stick, the team could do so much better for 3.9 million and I think his leadership is vastly overrated. I'm not saying there is anyone to replace him at this point but I'd love for Bergevin to get creative and try to find a true top 4 piece to play with Emelin with some resemblance of puck skill to allow Emelin to play safe and use his frame to change momentum with his physicality.

This team is not going to compete for a Stanley Cup with Desharnais and Gorges playing important roles on this team, although Gorges style at least converts better to the playoffs. The team needs to upgrade these players as far as I see it.