View Single Post
Old
01-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think Hollweg has more potential than Renney is getting out of him. I think he can be an agitator, but isn't agitating. I think he can be better offensively, but if you watch, he's thinking hit first when in many cases there's a play on the puck to be made.
Good post.

I think Ryan have allot of hockey in him, if it were only hitting I wouldn't be as found of him. He plays his position really well and sees the ice well, that is maybe the biggest reason for him landing as many hits he does too. Compare it with Colton Orr who is 5 sec late all the time.

What I think is more interesting is the question of what Hollweg will contribute in something like 4 years from now, or 8 years from now. Is it worth investing in him?

There is usually no smoke without fire, and with the whole "pissing" thing this summer, combined with how Ryan looks heavier then ever I don't think its far fetched to guess that he kind of have been living life a bit lately, nothing extreme, but not working out to a extreme either, kind of like a player with his talent must do inorder to be really successful.

Though in the end Ryan seems like a good kid and I am sure he will get back on track. Though when he does, whats his potential? What role could he have on this team?

Quite frankly, if what we see now is all we are gooing to get, I am not sure if I would want to invest much further in him. Someone gotta be moved, Dubinsky is on the verge, so is Korpi and Callahan. Right now Hollweg bring hits. He can only defend himself in fights. He don't score. He don't kill penaltys. He can't play a screening role on a 2nd PP or something like that. He aren't a threat in the transition game.

At the same time he is really hardnosed. He hits really really well. He is good on the cirlce, very effective in his positioning, defenitly helps out his linemates keeping pressure in the attacking zone. The D's out there for the other team better be aware of him beeing on the ice, or they will get hurt, which can be very important to have. If you look through the depthcharts there aren't all that much toughness.

Its a tricky question.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote