View Single Post
Old
12-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16 View Post
Eberle + klefbom + N. Schultz or Belov + Arcobello for Couturier + Simmonds
I don't like this trade that much, I'm not sold on Couturier in a top 6 role he looks to be a really good 3rd liner with fringe 2nd line offense. I'm thinking more like a Jordan Staal kind of player, obviously we could use the size and more good two way players would be awesome, but he's not really fast and although I'm not entirely sure it is the best thing for us, I really want us to be a fast team and the core we have is well suited to this kind of game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16
Gagner + Yakupov for Brouwer + Alzner or Carlson
Brouwer is kind of overrated, I think he would fall into that disappointing big man category like the few other big bodies we have had pass through town. I don't see Washington parting with either of those two defensemen either, they are trying to be competitive now and this kind of trade would set them back. I also see Carlson as being worth more than Alzner due to being more well rounded, I'm a huge Alzner fan and his contract is ridiculously good value, but despite him being a very strong defensive player, it seems like a mistake to trade Yakupov for someone who plays a pretty one dimensional defensive role. We could get a veteran stay at home guy for a lot lower cost than Yakupov.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeTeam16
Hemsky + Prospect + 3rd for Matthias + 2nd
Meh. I've already made my peace with Hemsky leaving so, we just get what we can get. I'm not sure Florida will be the team that will come calling considering where they are in the standings.