View Single Post
Old
12-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK View Post
I'm gonna catch heat for this but I don't understand the Pouliot hate. He's the perfect third liner. He has very nice offensive skills and he plays hard every shift and finishes checks. He does take some dumb penalties once in a while but I have to imagine that can be coached out of his game. He's definitely frustrating though because he's not a good finisher from what I've seen of him.

For all the hate he receives, he has been clutch. SO winner against Calgary with the nice assist to Hagelin on his goal; awesome play to Brassard for the GWG against Detroit; GWG in a big game against the Islanders.

To me it just looks like he's trying TOO hard out there. Maybe a result of not getting regular shifts most of the year. All I know is that for $1M I've been really happy with what he's provided
The thing about Pouliot in my eyes is that he makes doesn't seem like a very confident player MOST of the time. There are rare times where the dude will go one on one with a defenseman and dance right around him with some sick deke but those times are few and far between. His lack of confidence also seeps into his passing-game. I've seen him make countless soft passes either out of our zone or in the neutral zone that get picked off. Lastly, I've seen him bobble some passes that should be simple for a dude with his skill to receive without trouble. Like.. the pass will hit hit his tape and he'll get nervous or whatever and lose control of it right away or leave it behind him.

The reason I think it's a confidence issue with him is because the dude clearly has the skill and speed to be a decent 50 point player. So what else would be holding him back? Confidence. He's also pretty skinny but I don't think that alone would hurt his game that much.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote