Old
12-18-2013, 08:37 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
Crazy that our own fans or any could say that wasn't suspension-worthy, especially in this league. Schenn may have put himself into additional danger by turning a but but still it was cleary charging, blatant disregard for a player in a vulnerable area and intent to injure as he's flying in and accelerates even ****in more through the hit. If theres no suspension, everyone can certainly expect an equally disrespectful retalliation at best next time.

That being said...I've seen Schenn throw a lot of dirty hits, maybe he had one coming his way. Not that this makes a difference.
So now we are suspending guys for hitting players in a "vulnerable area" of the ice? He hit him clean in the shoulder while Schenn was turning away.

What types of hits are we trying to eliminate? I thought it was headshots and blindside hits, not any hit that looks like it was dangerous. Schen saw him coming, braced, and got hit in the shoulder. It was definitely a charging penalty, as most have said. But is charging now suspension worthy?

Again I ask, what types of hits are we trying to eliminate? More than just headshots and blindside hits? Any time a guy is in the corner? Just hits that look scary? Hits that result in injuries? What if Schenn got right up? What if Schenn hit Wilson instead of Wilson hitting Schenn?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote