Old
12-18-2013, 09:57 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarowski View Post
Plus/Minus is a super super super bad stat. They rightfully are oblivious to that. I honestly keep track of good/bad things I did in my head. Cleared a puck on a rebound? +1, stick-checked a tap-in? +1, giveaway? -1, and so on. +/- is a team stat and really shows nothing other than that you were on the ice. Somebody gives away the puck, another person doesn't skate back and the defenseman doesn't stop a 2on1? Enjoy the -1, you really must suck. Sorry, but people who look at +/- and give it any value don't get it, imo.
I try to be as good or better without the puck than I am with the puck. I take pride in the fact that I can have great games, help my team win, shut down guys who are better than me and not show up on the score sheet. The goals, assists and points will all come if you know where you're supposed to be at all times of the game. Not being on the ice for a goal against for a game feels pretty good. To me that's the attitude of a team player, being able to sacrifice your personal accomplishments for the good of the team.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote