View Single Post
Old
12-18-2013, 11:02 AM
sighthndlady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ever think that maybe he does that with top prospects so they will learn that they are supposed to be exceptional, and not just decent??

I can imagine the message to Suter was, yes, you belong here and could play, but you can be so much better, so I am going to sit you until you give me your best, not just enough to be better than Mark Eaton or Shane Hnidy

Jones is probably better right now than Bartley will ever be, but if Trotz simply lets him coast along being "just good enough" he wont reach his full potential
I think you're right. In the end, it certainly didn't hurt the development of any of those three guys.

I had an inspirational thought last night. We are in total, desperate need of a franchise forward. Something we've never had. This would be so totally outside Poile's comfort zone that I'm sure he'd never do it, but just consider: we have a franchise D-man, and some pretty darn good ones behind him in Josi & Klein. Do we really, really need Seth Jones? Once the draft lottery is done, why not approach the #1 team and say to them: look, we've got a sure thing franchise D-man. We've already given him a year of NHL seasoning, and he's ready to play big minutes on your team. We'll trade him to you straight up for the #1 pick. If we make the 2nd round of the playoffs next year, we get your #2 then as well.

If you were, say, Buffalo - would you do it?

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote