Old
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrhanky View Post
This profiling and radius stuff is pretty damned interesting. My biggest worry is that I am still guessing with what the right adjustment might be. Does anyone happen to know if places like Hockey Giant or TotalHockey do profiling and radius. I would really even prefer to trust my LHS but I am not sure I do. It would be great to have someone actually watch me skate for a few minutes and maybe make suggestions, but of course it needs to be someone who knows what they are doing. I may have to look into that. The idea of having the radius and profile matched alone may be a solid starting point.

It looks like the 90/75 might be the best FBV starting point for me. If anything, slighly looser than the 5/8, but I could work up from that.
If you have a few weeks off I would tell them your issues, let them recommend what you might like and then adjust. I'm 6ft, 200lbs and play on the soft SoCal ice so I went from a 7/16 to an X6 (we seem to only have that machine out here). I've had no issues, the edges seem to last longer, it seems more precise as far as what I expect when I hit the ice and the glide is better. I'd give it a test drive until you find what you're looking for.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote