View Single Post
Old
12-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
-Don't get me started on coaching. The systems Carlyle is employing are not suited for this team. He wants a team to be a grinding, strong defensive team. This team was assembled by Burke for Ron Wilson who wanted to run and gun. Even with the Clarkson and Bolland additions, it's not geared to work under Carlyle's ideas. Good coaches know how to maximize team talents, not by personal preference, but by obvious skillset strengths.

The only way this team gets better is if Carlyle changes his tactics, which is unlikely, or if the Leafs figure out how to play in his systems(also unlikely). I hate to see a coach get fired, but I don't think RC get fired until it's official that the Leafs missed the playoffs. RC will use the injury excuse forever.
The fact that this team is built for run and gun and Carlyle and Nonis want to play possession game means that we are still at the early stages of the transition in preferred styles and what is wrong with this team.

Carlyle is not going to change his tactics to play run and gun no defense hockey because of the limitations of his players.. His players must evolve to play the coaches system or they will be moved out.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote